Sir Reginald and the Tear of God

I've decided to put my Mission Asteroid-remake on hold for the time being, mostly because a) it's a remake I had no genuine idea for and b) because it's not my own product and while it is an old game, I still might annoy someone with it if its current rights holder sees it.

So instead of tinkering with that, I decided to start writing about my new project, which goes under the moniker, Sir Reginald. It's actually another remake, but this time of a project of my own. I made the first iteration of Sir Reginal and the Tear of God back in the early 2000s with Adventure Game Studio. This first version of the game was, in every way, a traditional point and click adventure with puzzles that made zero sense. I never released the game, despite I did complete it, mainly because I didn't think it was good enough.

So now, almost two decades later, found the original background sketches for the game and started thinking. Maybe, instead of a remake for a game that I don't own any rights to, I'd start polishing a game idea that is actually my own. This time around, things will be different though.

The first difference is the engine. I'll be using Unity and Adventure Creator, a toolset meant for making adventure games. The second difference is the change in dimensions, as this new iteration will be a 3D game. 3rd difference will be the story. That will be very different, as I've already decided how I'll alter the world as well with the new visuals.

If I'll find the old AGS game from somewhere, I'll post pictures of it as well to these posts alongside this new version. But for now, this is the end of the first post for this project, accompanied by a picture of Tinpot, the Adventure Creator robot inside my first game scene.




Comments

MatchedContent