Torment: Tides of Numenera improved



There recently was a new update on Torment: Tides of Numenera, which altered my major beef with the game, which was the character creation. On the first alpha, the process of character creation was a long-winded, and slow process, which made you jump through many, many hoops at the same time the game was forcing you to play a tutorial section. You can check my post about it if you want to get a more detailed look at it.

This time around, instead of having the long-running through hoops thing, there's only the waking up and walking to a mirror bit. After that, you get the character screen and can alter yourself as you see fit. Neat and tidy, I think. And definitely, a lot faster.

After the character creation is done you get the scene introducing the sorrow and then you are off the city, where you can check out all the other added improvements, like new companions and merchants who actually sell stuff. Then there's also some more added stuff to make Sagus Cliffs an even richer environment.

I'd say Torment is starting to look much better now. inXile is definitely taking it in the right direction and while I've not played the alpha/beta whatever thing that much, as I don't want all the novelty to wear off, the little spins I've put it through are really rising my hopes for it to really be a solid spiritual follower to one of the best CRPG's ever made.

Comments

MatchedContent