Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Kickstarter


 Once again I find myself opening the tight strings around my coin purse after I stumbled upon a great, scratch that, an amazing looking Kickstarter project: Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure.

But before anything else, I'll give their trailer to do the talking first:



This is really awesome looking stuff. First off, I really like Lovecraft, so that alone wins me over. Another thing that does it for me is the lovely, high-resolution art style as well as the pretty impressive traditional animation style.

Also, if you're not convinced of it yet, there's a demo, just scroll down and download it for either Windows, Linux or Mac, that you can try out and decide after that if you feel like throwing a buck or two in their general direction.

That, I guess, really is the true spirit of an adventure game. Bothering people and picking up everything that isn't nailed down.
 The game itself feels pretty solid, at least based on the demo. The gameplay is a pretty standard point & click fare and the voice acting is pretty good as well. The writing really is what makes this stand out, as personally, I thought it's pretty damned funny. The jokes are well-timed and the voice actors deliver them very well.

So yeah, Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure in Kickstarter. And for what's it worth, from the looks of it they already are doing pretty well on the game itself as far development goes, so I'd guess this is a pretty safe thing to back. The worst thing that can happen is that it turns out to be the abomination that finally brings forth the great elder gods, so what's there to lose?



Comments

MatchedContent