ESRGAN upscales: Ultima 6

Ultima 6 will always have a special place in my heart, as it was the first game in the series for me. But, anyhow, here are a couple of upscale of the introduction and character creation scenes of Ultima 6. There's also some upgraded character portraits of the population of Britannia.

Some of these images, Avatar at his Earth home, the sacrifice and the Codex of Wisdom, are composed of several images in the game files. Hence I had to recompose them after upscaling them, as I did rip these pictures directly from the game data files. This is somewhat noticeable, as the upscaling didn't quite match the edges on some of the smaller pieces. I left the glass flasks out from the fortune teller image, as frankly, they turned out horrible. I think the upscale models I used couldn't quite decide what they were trying to scale.

The portraits of the Britannians turned out surprisingly nice. At least some of them and I did try to pick and choose the ones that look more or less bearable. The best ones are, in my opinion, the portraits if Minax, Monadain and Exodus, the baddies of the first three Ultima-games.








Comments

MatchedContent